Established for the nation in 1983, the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust is a registered educational charity. Its purpose is to preserve the heritage of Jaguar Cars Limited and its predecessor companies, with the marque names of Swallow, SS, Daimler and Lanchester. The Trust's major objective is to collect and preserve vehicles and artefacts, both past and present, that relate to the history, industrial development and social impact of Jaguar and its associated companies.
The Trust maintains an extensive collection of over 140 classic vehicles, which it hopes will inspire future creators by demonstrating how flair, innovation, style and excellence in design can shape the future. Many of these vehicles are kept in full working order and are displayed or demonstrated in action at classic car and other events in the UK and overseas. In addition, a selection of the sports and racing vehicles are now on display in a new area at the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon.
Jaguar founder Sir William Lyons at Browns Lane with a selection of the company's products in the 1960's
Jaguar Heritage (the trading name of the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust) also offers a range of additional services to complement its primary role of maintaining the Vehicle Collection. These services include:
- Maintaining an extensive Archive of product related, technical and business records relating to Jaguar and its associated marques
- Providing Heritage Certificates (for a fee) to the owners of classic Jaguar and Daimler vehicles
- Providing Chassis number records to assist with the identification of vehicle exempt from UK vehicle excise duty
- The supply of genuine spare parts for classic Jaguar and Daimler vehicles through the Jaguar Classic Parts website
- A wide range of merchandise available to order from the Jaguar Heritage online Shop or available from the shops located in the Castle Bromwich Visitor Centre or the Whitley Engineering Centre
- A range of Technical Publications available to order online, including owners handbooks, maintenance charts, parts and service information and test reports
This website (www.jaguarheritage.org) is operated by Jaguar Heritage which is the trading name of the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust, registered in England No. 1709907 and registered charity No. 286863, and JDHT Limited, registered in England No. 2631524, both with registered office address at Browns Lane, Allesley, Coventry, CV5 9DR.